Courage to Conquer Cancer & Breast Connect formed a partnership that offers post-surgical supplies, patient education and flowers to patients who require breast surgery (mastectomy and/or lumpectomy requiring drain management). Patients within the 16-county East Tennessee region are eligible. See the map below for eligible counties. Patients outside of the region may be ineligible due to limited funding.
This program is funded through donations, grants and other sources. Breast cancer patients undergoing a mastectomy can also request a floral arrangement provided by our partner, Random Acts of Flowers, or other florist. The program provides care packages that include post-surgical and transition-to-home supplies, patient-recommended items for recovery and future treatment. Breast cancer educational information is included to foster proactive and informed cancer care decisions in collaboration with health care providers.
The post-surgical recovery care package helps patients heal more comfortably after breast surgery. The package includes:
- Mastectomy Recovery Tee (with 4 internal drain management pockets to secure drain bulbs)
- 1-2 Axilla pillow(s) per package (post-op pillows relieve pressure at sensitive surgical areas)
- Breast cancer patient educational materials
- Drain management aprons with pockets (donated by Your Pink Sisters)
- Additional comfort-care items
Please complete the form below to request a free care package. Don’t forget to click the “Submit Request” button after completing the form.
- Courage to Conquer Cancer was formed in 2014 as a community health organization to provide breast health education and post-surgical supplies that aid in breast surgery recovery. The non-profit entity of the organization, Courage Conquering Cancer, a non-profit 501(c)(3) supports breast cancer patients by providing post-surgical products to those in-need.
- Researches, develops, tests and manufactures post-surgical supplies (e.g., patented Recovery Tee) to meet the recovery needs of breast cancer patients.
- Uses grant and philanthropy funds to provide supplies to breast cancer patients in-need and to offer breast health/cancer educational events.
- Formed in 2014 and became a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization in 2015, advocates for and educates those newly diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Created Breastconnect.org, “for survivors, by survivors” to assist those navigating the overwhelming amount of breast cancer information.
- Provides a private Facebook group, where survivors can share information and personal experiences, ask questions and pay it forward.
- Hosts events for members to meet and socialize, frequently including guest speakers from the medical and health care communities to discuss related topics.
- Matches members through their Sisterhood Program which can be found on the website.
DONATE TO HELP BREAST CANCER PATIENT IN EAST TN
Donations to Connect to Conquer are welcomed, and greatly appreciated. 100% of donations will be used to help offer post-surgical supplies, patient education and flowers for breast cancer patients in Tennessee who require breast surgery. For every $100 donated, one patient will receive flowers and a complete care package. Thank you for your donation.
Additional information about Breast Connect and Courage to Conquer Cancer can be found at the following:
Kristi Roberson-James, Courage to Conquer Cancer President, @ email@example.com or 865-250-1103 or
Stephanie Ewers, Breast Cancer Survivor and Breast Connect Administrative Assistant, @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-809-3636.